Sooo, yesterday I went to Appelpop festival, which is an all-Dutch-Artists festival here in Holland...
OH MY GOD!!!
It was so freaking amazing I can tell you!
Me and Lisanne arrived at the grounds at 13.00 and immediately ran to the main tent where 'De Jeugd van Tegenwoordig' was performing
De Jeugd van Tegenwoordig - Hollereer
and they were absolutely awesome, the interaction with the crowd was so good.
Everyone was jumping and screaming along with the lyrics while Willie threw water into the crowd XD.
It was so great, they were all acting like retards and doing slides alongside on the stage ;p.
Later on we walked around the grounds a little, checking out all the other stages and stuff.
We took a quick peak at the performance of 'Miss Montreal'
Miss Montreal - 7 Friends
Who is a really talented up and coming star here and has had some hits already, I love the fact that you absolutely cannot here that she's Dutch, which is a GOOD thing for one who sings English ;p
But, me and Lysan really wanted to see 'Milow', who is actually not Dutch but comes from Belgium ='D but he's so amazingly talented.
He's had some trouble with breaking through but when he finally did...it was with a blast I can tell you!!!
I love his voice so much, it's very relaxing and his songs are just *sigh*, so here are some of his songs :
Milow - You don't know:
Milow - Ayo Technology:
Milow - Landslide:
and of course there are many more.
At the performance there was Milow himself playing acoustic guitar and of course singing, another man playing acoustic and electric guitar and backup singing and a wonderfull lady who sang along with Milow for most of the songs, her voice was really good and fit Milow's very well.
The show was really amazingly good!, there wasn't a note missed.
Later we went to get a BIG bucket of cotton candy ;p and ate that before heading on to the show of 'Van Velzen', who is really tiny
(150 cm :O) but he has an amazing voice!
the first song 'Burn' is a really beautiful one, and the second is a more up-tempo song.
Van Velzen - Burn:
Van Velzen - Baby get Higher:
He was, as always, amazingly good.
The interaction with the audience was really awesome.
We were like sheep ;p, when he said 'Iedereen springen!'('Everybody jump!') we all jumped and we all sang our heads off with every song ;p.
After that, me and Lysan were pretty hungry, but since Appelpop is a free festival, you couldn't bring your own food or drinks and had to buy it there, but it was so friggin expensive!
Like seriously 6 euros for a Dürun, Pizza, Shoarma and 3 euros for french fries!
So we decided to go to the 'Lidl'(supermarket) and get our stuff there ;p
We lived on cheese and ham croissants and energy drinks that evening ;p
We also bought some cheese sticks (can't explain them really, they're just DIVINE!) and when we walked back to the festival, of course we got checked at the entrance cause I had a bag with me.
And I had tried to be sneaky and wrap the pack with cheese sticks in my vest, but that b*tch got it out and took my beloved cheese sticks!!!
*mourning*. I bet my ass that as soon as we were gone, she ate the whole lot herself!!!!...grrr
Ah well, after that we got ourselves some beers (2.50 euros each :O)
and we went to the stage where 'Epica' wpuld be performing =D.
We got there an hour early cause we wanted to get up front, and we made it there =D.
So after an hour of waiting, avoiding roundflying beercaps and batting eyelashes at giant guys to let us in front of them, the host of the festival came on stage in his poison green toxido with apples on it (Appelpop- Appel = Apple) and yelled through his mic that they were about to come on stage.
So we stuck up our horns like one gigantic Metal-Army and screamed our heads off ;p
And then on came: the drummer, the bass player, the guitarist/grunter, the guitarist,the keyboardist and AT LAST, Simone Simons; the vocalist.
When I saw her beautiful red-haired persona take to stage, I nearly burst in tears ;p, she was so pretty!
And then they started off with 'Beyond Belief' and immediately behind us people started a moshpit XD
Me and Lysan were like; AAAAAHHHH HOLD ON TO SOMEONE!!!!
And then, after being thrown even further to the front, I bumped into my friend Robin, who lives in my town ;p, who was there with her boyfriend.
Anyway, the show was SO F*CKING AWESOME!!!!
There were pyros everywhere, the sound was pounding straight through your eardrumms and Simone was absolutely angelic.
The only downside was that the drumms were a bit too loud, so that sometimes it was hard to hear Simone sing.
But other than that it was amazing!
They played some older songs too, like 'Cry for the Moon'.
And in the end they played one of my personal fav's 'Sancta Terra'.
So I was really banging my head off, it still hurts now ;p
When they finished playing they all threw stuff into the crown, and I GOT Simone's waterbottle!!!!, but some guy behind me snatched it right out of my hands!, the bastard.
Then I almost got Mark's towel *DROOL*, but it landed right into the hands of my neighbour ;p
Anyway, here are some songs from 'Epica':
Epica - Sancta Terra:
Epica - Chasing the Dragon:
Epica - Cry for the Moon:
Honestly when you hear them, you can barely believe that they're Dutch!
I love them so much, they're on the same list with me as Tarja Turunen and Nightwish!.
After that we walked around a bit, saw some people and sat down on the grass, just relaxing a bit.
Later we went to see the best Old Rockers of Holland : 'Golden Earring'.
Golden Earring - Radar love:
And later we went home again.
I was really exhausted from walking and running around all day, trying not to get squashed in a moshpit and screaming my head off ;p
My fingers are permanently stuck in horn position I think ;p
Anyway, it was A-MA-ZING!!!!
And next year i'll be going again of course!
Sorry for this long-ass journal, I just had to share it with you all!
Hope your weekend was as good as mine (though, I highly doubt it XD)
Lots of Love, Hugs 'n Kisses, Liz <3

Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten